How to pray in islam
Prayer is the second pillar of Islam. Every Muslim from the age of 10 should pray 5 times a day. Below are the 11 stages of Muslim prayer.
- Stand straight facing the direction of Al-Kaaba (qibla). The direction of Al Quiblah differs from country to country, in France it is 120 °, in North America, it is eastward with a slight angle to the north.
- Have the Niyah (intention) in your heart for the prayer you want to perform.
- Raise your hands to your ears and say, “Allah Akbar. “. It is called Takbirat Al Ihram, it is mandatory to stand to pronounce it.
- Now place your right hand on the left hand on the chest and look down to where your forehead will touch the ground in Sujud (prostration), then recite Al Fatiha in Arabic.
- Now recite any other passage from the Quran, a sura or just a verse.
- Then bow down saying, “Allahu Akbar” and place your hands on your knees and say silently, “Subhana Rabbi al Adhim. ” thrice. It means: (How perfect is my Lord, the Supreme). This position is called Roukou ‘. Keep your head in line with your back and look down as you repeat “Subhana Rabbi al Adhim”.
- Get up from the reclined position by saying as you straighten up “Samia Allahu liman hamidah” (Allah hears those who praise Him). Once straightened say “Rabbana walk hand” (Our Lord, praise to You).
- Afterwards, bow down on the ground saying: “Allah Akbar” with the forehead, nose, palms of both hands, knees and toes all touching the ground. Then repeat silently: “Subhana Rabbi al A’la. Three times (How perfect is my Lord, the Highest). This position is called Soujoud. Keep your arms away from the sides of the body and off the ground praying to God asking him what you want.
- Get up from the “sujud” position by saying, Allahu Akbar. Sit up straight with your knees bent and palms placed on it and say, “Astghfiru Allah”. (O my Lord! Forgive me).
- Say “Allahu Akbar” and bow down again in the Sujud position. Recite “Subhana Rabbiy A’la” three times. Sit from this position saying “Allahu Akbar”. This ends the first Rakaa or unit of Salat.
- Now stand up for the second Rakaa and perform it in the same way (steps 4 to 11). After the second Sujood (prostration) you sit on the left leg while keeping the right foot straight and put your right hand on the right thigh and the left on the left. Lift the index finger of the right hand, moving it gently, and now recite the Tachahoud in silence: